Shared Ambitions 2019-2022
Caerphilly county borough council has approved an ambitious strategy to help ensure all young people across the area achieve the best educational outcomes possible.
‘Shared Ambitions: working together to achieve the best outcomes for our young people (PDF)’ sets out how the council will work with schools and the Education Achievement Services (EAS) to deliver a clear vision for improving attainment and achievement.
Some of the key priorities within the strategy include: -
- Improve outcomes at end of Key Stage 4 and 5
- Improve the performance of boys and pupils receiving free school meals
- Build on the recent increase in attendance
- Reduce the number of exclusions across secondary schools
- Focus on improving standards of literacy, particularly in years 7, 8 and 9
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning