Oakdale Community Benefit Fund
The funding for this grant scheme is provided by Partnerships for Renewables, as part of their commitment to support local communities close to the two wind turbines at Oakdale Business Park. The purpose of the Oakdale Community Benefit Fund is to support and benefit viable and sustainable communities within the Oakdale area.
Projects must meet one or more of the following aims:
- they are innovative and are different, and get the communities they are intended for excited and involved
- they encourage renewable energy use, helping communities save energy or generate energy for their own usage
- they will protect and improve the local environment and infrastructure through local conservation and environmental initiatives, and bring land and buildings into effective use
- they will enhance the quality of life of people through social, cultural and recreational opportunities
- they will promote and encourage local people to secure a sustainable future for local communities and/or encourage regeneration
Who’s entitled to apply?
Voluntary/community based organisations and partnerships with a signed constitution and their own bank account in the communities of Argoed, Croespenmaen, Kendon, Oakdale, Penmaen, Pentwyn and Trinant.
How to apply
By completing an application form available from Sharon Peters, Business Support and Funding, Caerphilly County Borough Council, Tredomen Business and Technology Centre, Ystrad Mynach, Hengoed. CF82 7FN. Tel: 01443 866220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the level of grant available?
Funding must be spent by 31st March of the financial year in which the funding is awarded, and applications should be for a maximum of £3,000. Grants can be offered for up to 80% of total project costs, with the remaining funding being provided by the applicant or from other match funding sources.
How often are grant applications considered?
Up to two application rounds per year, in April and September (subject to the availability of resources).