Health support and guidance
The Flying Start Health Team consists of Health Visitors and Community Nursery Nurses working together to offer support and guidance ante-natally and through the first years of your child's life. The team offers 1:1 home based support and also community setting based sessions offering support in many different ways, for example:
- Antenatal support - keeping yourself healthy throughout the pregnancy, information on equipment you might need, support in your first days.
- Healthy Start scheme - find out if you are entitled to Healthy Start vouchers for fresh fruit and vegetables and vitamins.
- Breastfeeding advice - advice and support on breastfeeding issues, helping you to feed your baby appropriately.
- Weaning - portion sizes, first weaning foods, family foods and how to progress your child's nutrition.
- Home safety checks – advice on how to ensure that your home is child friendly so reducing accidents.
- Baby Clubs offer support for new mums and dads with babies aged 0-6 months. The clubs offer baby massage sessions, advice on a wide range of health topics for example feeding your baby, safe sleep, dental care as well as activities designed to encourage and support your baby’s development.
If you would like information on any of the above please contact the Flying Start Health Team on 01633 431685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.