Reserve a library book or item
If you want to borrow a book, audiobook or DVD that is held at a different library from the one you normally use, or it is currently out on loan to someone else, you can place a hold on the item for you to collect from your local library when it becomes available.
How it works
- Search the library catalogue for the title you want to borrow.
- Click on items for further information and to check availability
- Once you've found it, click on the 'Place Hold' button and enter your library card number and 4 digit PIN. If you don't know your PIN (Personal Identification Number) you can click on the Forgot My Pin button or ask the next time you are in the library.
- Choose which library you'd like to collect your reservation from.
- When your reservation is ready for collection we'll email you and if we don't have your email address we'll call you. You can also reserve items by email, telephone or in person at any of our open branch libraries.