Performing animals registration

If you exhibit or train animals for exhibition at any entertainment attended by the public (whether on payment or not) you must be registered with the local authority in whose area you reside. Premises where performing animals are being trained or exhibited can be inspected at any reasonable time by an officer of the council or a constable. Alternative registration arrangements are made for those persons of no fixed abode, enquiries under these circumstances may be made with any local authority.


Click here for a full list of licence fees

How to apply

You can now apply for online.

Apply for a certificate or registration for exhibition or training of performing animals

Tell us about a change to your certificate or registration

Privacy notice - Applications for licences/registrations issued in relation to the keeping of animals (PDF)

Tacit consent

If you have not heard from us within 14 days you can act as though your application has been granted. The start period runs from receipt of all documentation and payment of relevant fee.

Contact us