Gambling Act Statement of Licensing Policy consultation
This consultation is now closed
We are currently reviewing our Statement of Licensing Policy in respect of the Gambling Act.
The Gambling Act 2005 requires that Licensing Authorities publish a Statement of Licensing Policy which sets out the various factors that we will take into account and consider in the administration and determination of applications made under these Acts.
Our current policy was implemented in January 2016 and is now subject to review.
Below are some of the proposed amendments to the existing policy:
- sets out the types of Gambling Premises more clearly.
- will require applicants / licence holders to carry out necessary checks of staff members where children and vulnerable people have access.
- sets out the type of conditions that could be imposed on a licence.
- gives increased guidance on small society lotteries.
- provides advice to applicants / licence holders on conditions and codes of practice concerning local risk assessments.
Other than these additions there have only been minor cosmetic changes to the current policy.
As a part of the consultation exercise, we intend to contact those persons or organisations that are likely to be affected by the policy to seek their views.
The consultation period will start on 25 July 2018 and end on 31 August 2018. If you wish to make comments you will need to do so before this date in order that they can be considered.
The draft policy under consultation is available to download below:
Should you wish to make any comments or suggestions, please email email@example.com or send by post to Licensing Team, Penallta House, Tredomen Park, Ystrad Mynach, Hengoed, CF82 7PG.