Social services complaints

We want our services to be the best they possibly can and that is why your feedback is important to us.

You may feel unhappy with a service you have received or you may have an idea that helps us improve.

If a member of staff or team has given you an excellent service, we would love to hear about it.

If you are unhappy about a service you have received or you want to make a complaint on behalf of someone else, please contact the Complaints and Information Team. You can do this by completing our online form

Make a complaint, comment or compliment >

Please note, this form will not work from within Internet Explorer. Please use a more modern browser such as Edge, Chrome or Safari

This link will direct you to Caerphilly Connect. Register now or log in to report, apply and pay for services. If you do not wish to create an account click 'Continue without registering'. Please check your spam/junk mail folder for account activation and notification emails that we send you!

Alternatively you can contact us in one of the following ways:

             Complaints and Information Team
             Social Services
             Penallta House
             Tredomen Park
             CF82 7PG

  • In person by appointment (use free phone number) 

Please tell us if you want your complaint to be dealt with in Welsh. 

Don’t be afraid to complain. We welcome your comments, both positive and negative, because they may help us to improve our services for everyone. The complaints process has two distinct stages. You may make your initial complaint at either Stage 1 or Stage 2.

Stage 1 – local resolution
Most problems are best sorted out by the staff who are working with you. Contact the person in charge of your local service or contact our complaints officer who will speak to that person on your behalf. You can do this face-to-face, by telephone, in writing or by email. They will do their best to sort things out quickly. This should take no more than two weeks.

Stage 2 – formal consideration
Contact our complaints officer who will arrange for someone to investigate your complaint. This person will not work for Caerphilly County Borough Council. You have the right to expect a response from the Council within five weeks. You may contact the complaints officer to make your initial complaint or after having spoken to the staff who work with you. The complaints officer may also suggest resolving your complaint through mediation, if appropriate.

Social Services Complaints Policy

Social Services Complaints leaflet

Still unhappy?

If you are still not happy with the outcome of your complaint, you can contact the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales in writing to:

    1 Fordd yr Hen Gae
    CF35 5LJ