Noise complaints

You can report the following noise complaints to us:

  • Noisy neighbours (music, shouting, alarms, DIY at unreasonable hours)
  • Noise from commercial premises (pubs, venues, ventilation systems, alarms)
  • Noise from industrial premises (factories, construction, demolition, alarms)
  • Car alarms or loud stereos (only if vehicle is parked)
  • Persistent barking dogs

We are unlikely to step in for road traffic noise or neighbours arguing, babies crying or dogs barking where it is only occasional.

Before you make a complaint

You should first try to resolve the problem early on by talking to whoever is responsible for the noise. The Problem Neighbours website has some useful advice on how to do this. You can also contact us for advice.

Making a complaint

If you are not able to resolve the issue yourself, tell us about it and we will deal with it. To investigate noise complaints you will need to provide details about yourself and the property causing the alleged noise.