Library customers no longer need to make an appointment to visit our library buildings.
Feel Safe at your local library
Many services we put in place at the onset of the pandemic remain in place and you can continue to use these:
- Order and Collect
- LibraryLink Home Delivery service
- Returns Boxes
- Self-Service photocopying
- Self-Service return, renew and checkout library books
- WiFi space
Things you need to know….
Discontinue to quarantine library stock
We are no longer required to quarantine library stock on their return or loan. However we will continue to provide antibacterial wipes and hand sanitiser at all our libraries if you wish to clean the items before taking them home.
Face coverings and desk screens
Face coverings are no longer required to be worn according to Welsh Government guidance, but customers are asked to consider wearing a face covering in the library.
Perspex desk screens, barriers to reinforce 2m social distancing and COVID-19 safety notice will remain in place at all libraries.
Test, Trace, Protect (TTP) Forms
Welsh Government have stated that Test, Trace, Protect will continue to deploy the testing strategy. However, the option on whether you wish to complete a TTP form or scan the QR code remains your personal decision. We will retain TTP Contact Forms and the NHS QR Codes on our sites should you wish to complete the TTP processes.
Our vending machines will be restocked and recommissioned and antibacterial wipes will be available near the machines.
Public toilets are now in use for all customers.
Study space may be available at certain libraries. Study spaces may be set away from main browsing traffic and sanitising wipes will be provided for you to wipe down all surface before and after use.
What we ask from you
Your safety remains important to us therefore we ask:
- Please do not visit the library if you are unwell or showing symptoms of Coronavirus.
- Customers are asked to consider wearing a face overing in the library.
- Adhere to the social distancing and the health and safety guidance we have in place.
- Please do not disrespect staff – they are there to help you.
- Please make use of the hand sanitiser stations at the library. We request you sanitise your hands on arrival and on leaving the library.
- All children under 8 years of age will need to be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
At the library
Always bring your library membership card with you as you will be encouraged to use the self-checkout system.
Staff will only be able to provide limited assistance from a safe 2 metre distance.
Children under 8 years of age will need to be accompanied by an adult of guardian.
Use one of our cotton Tote bags to carry around your wanted books and when finished, place in the Quarantine Box provided.