Carers useful information
Below are some documents that may be useful and of interest to carers.
Carers Information and Consultation Strategy 2012-15
Annual Report May 2016
Conference Report 24 November 2015
Health and Wellbeing Event 18th-19th February 2016
We have a private Facebook group set up with over 50 members. This has been really good for sharing information and promoting our events and groups with carers. It has also been successful for carers sharing information between themselves. If you would like to join, and are a member of Facebook, just drop us a quick e-mail on email@example.com and we will send you an invite.
We are also conscious that those of you not on e-mail may not receive information as soon as those who are. To remedy this, we are piloting a text message service. Simply text us your mobile number and we will share events and activities with you in real time.
We were recently told about a book called “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle that had helped a carer that attends one of our support groups. We found them for such a good price that we’ve purchased 20 copies so if you would like to borrow a copy, just let us know, or come along to one of our groups as we will have copies with us.
Register for online resources at www.carersdigital.org. This will take you to Digital Resource for Carers, an online platform that brings together Carers UK’s digital products and online resources with additional information and support resources on a single webpage aimed at supporting people with caring responsibilities. You can dip in and
out this page as often as you want and use the resources at your own pace. (The free access code to sign up is DGTL3562)
TouchBase Wales is Sense Cymru’s first community support base for adults with a multi- sensory impairment, or a single-sensory impairment with additional needs. They provide a range of support to help people develop skills
and link in with the local community, providing opportunities to: -
- Meet other people
- Develop friendships, skills and connections
- Develop and deepen a sense of belonging
For more information please contact: TouchBase Wales, Caerphilly Business Park, Van Road, Caerphilly, CF83 3ED Tel: 0300 330 9280 email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Website: www.sense.org.uk
We currently have a small amount of money available to assist carers in their caring role. Carers can apply for money for various things, such as household equipment, driving lessons, short breaks and help with new skills. Please get in touch for an application form.
- Carers Wales – lots of information and advice for carers on a range of topics. www.carersuk.org/wales
- Carers Trust South East Wales – lots of information and advice on a local basis for carers. www.ctsew.org.uk
- Alzheimer’s Society – information for people with a dementia. Facility on website to search for local services (click on “Local Information” on the left hand side of the home page). www.alzheimers.org.uk
- Find an NHS dentist – if you are not currently registered with a dentist and are entitled to free dental treatment because of your age or disability or benefits, you can find one here (look for “Find Local Services” on the left hand side, enter your postcode and check the box “Dentists”). NB. This site can also be used to find other services in your area. www.wales.nhs.uk
- Jointly is an app that makes caring for someone a little easier, less stressful and a lot more organised by making communication and coordination between those who share the care as easy as a text message. You can access Jointly from anywhere. www.jointlyapp.com
- This young carers toolkit is aimed at professionals across Health, Education and Social Services, who are identifying, and have contact with young carers and young adult carers. www.youngcarerstoolkit.co.uk
We received a recommendation from one of our Social Workers about this place. It is a reasonably priced spa run by industry professionals and future talent at Cardiff and Vale College if any of you feel in the need for a little pampering and relaxation. www.urbasba.co.uk